Winter has come suddenly. The temperature affected by the westerly wind dropped during the night. And the result of the raging and fierce wind last night, we are surrounded with white this morning - it's officially the first snow of this winter. Usually, the first snow does not stay long. It is just a prologue to the long winter that is coming.
Most of the apple trees I see on the way to my office still have leaves on their branches. The leaves are turning yellow and ready to fall on the ground. However, some of them could not withstand last night's strong wind and the weight of the first snow and thus have scattered onto the white ground. I feel a kinder spirit with those apple trees. They, like me, are not ready to welcome winter.
The first snow kept falling all day long while I was working in the office.
When I got home after a long and depressing day, I found a single flower in my garden, a tiny pink alstroemeria, which I had not noticed before the first snow came. Despite the fact that the garden was completely covered with snow and the temperature was slightly below the freezing point, the tiny flower still hung in there. "Amazing!" I smiled in spite of myself.
And cotton snowflakes kept falling onto the flower.
Next morning, I could not find the tiny pink flower in the garden any more. I sighed to myself and remember the tiny pink flower from yesterday. Only a day ago I could see its beauty in my garden. I thought to myself, "I'm sorry I did not pay enough attention while you were blossoming. Please return next season and I will be sure to devote my full attention to your beauty. Meantime, enjoy your hibernation!"
