The autumn season is almost at the end, but the temperature this year is a bit warmer than it was last year. Maybe because of that, the color of leaves in trees could not change successfully and were not as beautiful as usual. I assume that an appropriate temperature is needed for the autumnal tints of yellow and gold to really show through.
In every autumn, my mind drifts into the memory of visiting UK. The reason is quite simple: my trip to UK was usually in autumn. And the memories of UK, especially of Scotland, are always with tender sunshine and a bit cold wind in autumn. And here is a sliver of a memory from my travel to Scotland.
I have been to Scotland twice and both times stayed in a lovely room which was a part of a guest house located in the center of Edinburgh. The guest house had a very comfy atmosphere. It was run as a family business, and if my memory serves me well, had several rooms. The owner offered those rooms for tourists as B&B rooms. When I got to the guest house, the owner handed two keys to me: one was for the main door and the other was for my room, so that I could leave and get back to the room anytime I liked without bothering the owner. I felt like I was staying at my uncle's house.
Since the room was on the fourth floor (the third floor in UK), it was not easy for me to reach the room without an elevator. But it was worth enough. I fell in love with a skylight of the room.
I luckily stayed in the room with a skylight, enjoying the view of the lit up castle and a star-studded sky at night and the sunshine in the morning through the romantic window. Looking at Edinburgh Castle through the skylight was particularly romantic. The castle was magically lit up and floated in the dark of the night like a castle in a fairy tale. I love the room and feel a longing for it ever so much.