Pages

February 14, 2011

Searching for A Gift?


When we go for a walk, my dog always sniffs the surface of snow as if he were a detective searching for evidence in the snow.

"What are you seeking out?" I ask him, but he doesn't seem to listen to me at all, focusing his attention on the hunt much too seriously.

I cannot see anything there. The snow is pure white and does not have any dark spots on it. Nonetheless, he is prone to stick to his investigation.


“Are you trying to find something nice for me, Mr. detective? Well, today is St. Valentine’s Day, so… let’s find something sweet!!”

So, I let him get back to his exploration with slight hope that he might find something special for me, though I know he would not come up to my expectation. 

"I won't go back to my house until I find a precious gift for you; the one you really wish for..."

"Shiro? Did you say something? Would you like to go back to your home now? Or not yet? Okay, a bit long walk is a gift for you from me on St. Valentin's Day. Did you get it?"