2010.9.27
On the last day of the stay in Manila, my English teacher allowed me to visit his work place and toured me around. He works at a university as a teacher. The university where he is working is quite big, so I guess I could never reach his office by myself with my poor sense of direction.
Every time I have a lesson with him, he always sounds like a cheerful friend rather than a teacher, so I often forget that he is my teacher, but when I saw him talk with some of his students at his workplace, I realized that he IS a teacher. He chatted with his cute young students as giving them a tender look. Since his smile and the way he talks are so sweet and gracious, no one would ever doubt that his students love him as a teacher and a kind of friend. That was really nice to see a scene of his ordinary life, which made me notice that he has his real life and does not live only on the net, it’s a bit bittersweet thought. :)
I also met some other teachers during this trip, because of it, this travel becomes so precious and unforgettable. My teachers teach me not only English but also how to be confident, be positive and believe in myself. Sometimes it’s hard for me to be always positive, but I am truly glad to have met them who have kept trying to make me smile. I guess their efforts are going to be rewarded… :)