Pages

May 14, 2010

Diary ~ May 14, 2010


It was a usual work day except for a warm feeling that my co-workers gave me.
I was late for work about 20 minutes today.  Of course, I called my boss and told him that I was being late.  He just said, “OK, drive safe on the way,” but didn’t ask me the reason.
When I got the office, one of my co-workers asked me how I was feeling.  I wondered why she asked me that.  She said “I thought you were sick because it was very cold yesterday and you might have gotten a cold.  Isn’t it the reason you were late this morning? We were worrying about you.”
I was ashamed to tell her the truth after hearing her kind words.  I just overslept.  When honestly telling her the truth, she surprised me again to say that she was glad to hear it and gave me the smile of relief(What a sweet girl she is!)  And my boss punched the time card for me so I didn’t need to declare my being late for work, which means I was not officially late for work today.
Don’t get me wrong,  I usually go to work on time and work hard as much as I can.  I even have worked overtime for more than one month in a row.  You might say that no matter how hard you work, it doesn’t give you the right to be late for work and cheat the time card record.  I know that, it won’t happen again(maybe…)  What I did this morning could be injustice, but my boss and co-workers are just nice people who are concerned about my health condition, which made me realized that it is really luxurious to have such warm-hearted people to work with.  It also brought me warm feelings. :)
I will do the same thing when they are feeling sick or down.
One who is kind to others is sure to be rewarded.