Pages

October 3, 2010

From Online To Offline



We have been online friends for nearly one year, but didn’t meet in person until we made the trip to Manila in September 2010. We met at Ninoy Aquino International Airport, NAIA, literally for the first time. Our flight schedule was almost the same, but we arrived at the different terminal. So, the first thing that we had to was to find each other. It was thrilling enough to start our travels.
When I saw her after struggling to find each other, because I didn’t follow her instruction where I should have waited for her, I felt something warm in my heart. Her smile was so cute and welcoming as I exacted. We hit if off with each other immediately, like friends from high school. It might sound strange to people who don’t trust online friends, though I totally trust her because of her charming and amazing personality. I could see honesty in her without a doubt.

She is younger than I am but always acted like my big sister during the trip, as if it was her responsibility to take care of me. Indeed, almost every time we needed to negotiate with someone at the hotel or restaurants, it was she who talked to them and got results.
On the very first day, we found that both of us didn’t have senses of direction, but mine was much worse. “Where are you going?” She kept asking me and made me go to the right way. Not only on the road but also in the situation where I was about to get lost emotionally, she always gave me the right suggestions. I cannot imagine that the trip could be such a wonderful one without her. She left Manila two days earlier than I did, and actually, I got lost for the rest of the two days either on the road and emotionally. I guess I depended on her too much. :)
The purpose of this trip was not only for sightseeing. We met many people in Manila and each meetig was unforgettable, but I’d like to say that the most impressive part of it was spending time with my adorable friend, which means a lot to me.
Thanks for being with me for the trip, Chizu!! You are the greatest thing I found in Manila. And I really hope we can make it again soon. :))