Pages

June 24, 2010

Diary ~ June 24,


I had learned Japanese flower arrangement, as known as Ikebana of Ohara School, for almost eight years, but I’ve made a decision not to take the lesson for the moment. It could be for either a short period or for good. I’m not sure.
When I arranged flowers, I always felt happy and comfy with it, but strangely enough, I suddenly lost the pleasure of playing with flowers. Maybe because of the busyness at work, my heart can’t adjust properly to anything …
Through learning flower arrangement, I got some friends. I miss all of them but don’t miss the lesson at all. Besides, I’m not interested in making a career out of flower arrangements. I’d prefer to enjoy flowers just for amusement but not for competing with other people any more. The higher rank I get to, the more pressure I feel, and it seems endless. Flowers should be the ones which can give some sort of healing power to me, but now they give me only pain and pressure. I don’t want to become to hate flowers.
For now I enjoy seeing flowers in the garden or in the field. Those flowers look more lively and peaceful which makes me feel better…