Pages

May 4, 2010

The Cherry Blossoms



I went to Hirosaki park with my best friend to see the cherry blossoms. It was a perfect day for it. The sky was clear and the weather was just right for strolling in the park. The pale pink petals are shining in the spring sunlight.

The scene of cherry blossoms has been familiar to me since I was a child, so I usually take the beauty for granted. But even for me, this year’s full blossom was a stunning beauty.


The annual cherry blossom festival was also held there. According to the newspaper, 430,000 people visited the park to enjoy and admire the beauty of the blossoms just in one day. Usually, the cherry trees bloom gradually from the outer moat to the inside of the park, but this year, they reached in full bloom at once at almost every part of the park. The timing was ferfect. It was so gorgeous and worth to visit.



During the festival, the side of the street in the park is lined with various kinds of stalls, foods and toys and so on. The small blue stall is for selling ice cream. It’s fun to stroll in the park while eating the ice cream especially on the sunny day like this.

This is so called "a cherry blossom tunnel."

It’s said that there are 2,600 cherry trees in the park. Most of them are Yoshino cherry trees, and also there are about 50 kinds of cherry trees there, which I didn’t know.

People enjoy having a party with friends and families under the chreey trees.

When the cherry blossom trees start to fall the petals, it seems like a snowstorm. I’m not sure there is a ward “cherryblossomstorm,” but we express the shower of falling cherry blossom petals so in Japanese language.

The cherry blossoms would be gone in a couple days from now, since they could keep their beauty just for a week or so. It’s a short life but also a strong and beautiful one. And I’m sure they will bloom and give us the pleasure again next spring.