Pages

April 11, 2010

The First Sign of Spring

When I see these flowers in the corner of our garden, I can tell that spring has finally come to my place. This year, I found them bloom just a couple days ago, it made me smile. It’s a sign of the end of the long and dark winter.

I love flowers but I don’t have a green thumb. Fortunately, they bloom every year without any fertilizer or horticulturists’ help. I guess they have no choice but become wild because of the absence of the caregiver for a long time.




My mother has a green thumb and used to take care of the garden. Despite of her efforts to make me like gardening, I didn’t become interested in it at all. Her gardening skills would never be inherited by me. But instead of gardening, I got the sense of flower arrangement. So, she grows flowers and I arrange them. It must have been so fun doing it together. But she can’t do it anymore because of the illness. She doesn’t seem to remember anything in the past, including the way of growing flowers . The illness took her memories away.

I even don't know the name of the flower, but just recognize it as a sing of spring. For the flowers in the garden, I'm desperately useless.

I guess the flowers must miss my mother so much, and so do I.